Monday, July 20, 2009

The picture tells the tale, or does it?




So, is Riley in the right position in the above pictures or the wrong one??

Here are the updates from the rest of the crew:


Riley: Repeated the same exercises that we began last week. Do what I ask or you get stopped, don't volunteer for the work but wait for me to ask you to work. As she is giving herself to me I am able to begin extending her drives and get off balance flanks that were impossible to achieve a meer week ago.


Ben: I put Ben back on the cord tonight, he has spent that last few months dabbling with sheep, but today I decided that it was time to put more requirement on him. He stepped up to the plate and showed me that he is ready.


Weasel: Another day without a blow up, boy does she ever work like her daddy, but her daddy was able to cause more wrecks then she has. By keeping her from making messes she is staying out of trouble allowing her to maintain a high level of confidence.


Bea: Sense of urgency....that was Bea's lesson today, when I give you a flank command or a walk up execute it in a clear and decise manner, with a sense of urgency. She fought me big time, she really would prefer to lay back in the weed and just wait for things to happen. I've given this lesson before, a little over a year ago to Jake, that one lesson changed the tempo of his training from that time forward. Fingers crossed that I have the same success with Bea, if I'm lucky even more success since I know what I am looking for this time.


Jay: He's back!! I took him out to the pasture and picked up right were we left off last Friday. I was able to flank him either direction around the sheep, stop him at any point, walk him up and flank him again with minimal effort, the bonus the Jay and he sheep were nearly 50 yards away from me. Seems like such a little thing, but for Jay it is huge, the first steps in showing him that he can control the sheep with out the aide of me, fences or other obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment