Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Waiting Game

Jake gets the bull moving during the HAT Ranch demonstrations.
At 3:30 am Wayne, Jake and Meg departed on a trip to Ogallala, Nebraska for a cattle dog trial that will be held this evening. Now I wait, and wait... I wonder where he is in the draw, I wonder what the cattle look like, I wonder what the arena looks like. How many people are watching? Is it really hot? It really sucks sitting here waiting for the information to come my way that I am used to taking in on my own.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Wayne gets a good draw. He will be competeing against Jake's breeder, Pete Carmichael from South Dakota. Pete has not seen Jake work since the day we picked him up when he was just 5 months old. I so hope Jake does well, and I hope Wayne has fun.
Oh yeah, Meg...she is enroute to Platte, South Dakota to grow up to be a ranch dog. Next month Cecil (renamed Jax) will be leaving for Colorado leaving Rosie and Toby here for me to raise and train, atleast that is the plan. Another waiting game, waiting for them to grow up, mature and begin training.
Vicky is beginning to deepen, her due date is September 9th. We don't have our hopes up since last year she lost her puppies previous to coming here. I consulted with the vets before deciding to try again, they said she was healthy and in good shape, give it a try just don't put any undue stress on her. I officially retired her last month after having a bad go of it up in Minnesota, she still gets to move sheep around the farm now and then. More to help keep her in shape.
So..I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment